new sisters

new sisters
Penelope holding 10 day old Violet

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Strawberry Picking









Last week I took the girls strawberry picking at the same farm my family always went to during my childhood, Quonset View Farm. It is a beautiful place, overlooking the water. It always makes me want to become a strawberry farmer. It was fun, Penelope had a blast, and managed to help me fill the basket in about 20 minutes, despite the fact that she ate about five strawberries for every one that she picked. Violet didn't do any picking, she was in the backpack the whole time, but next year she will be helping, I'm sure. With these strawberries we made muffins, a strawberry/rhubarb pie for Father's day, strawberry syrup, and just ate tons and tons too. I have a huge bag in the freezer as well. I think we might have to go back one more time before they are done though, they are just so good! Also, I am happy to report that I managed to get every single strawberry stain out of this darling dress that Penelope has been wearing constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment