new sisters

new sisters
Penelope holding 10 day old Violet

Friday, January 18, 2013

Five and a Half



Penelope turned five and a half today, and we celebrated. Not in a huge way, but I felt like we needed a reason to celebrate a little, and I have been craving cake for days and days, so I let her choose what we'd have for dinner (she chose fried rice) and I made her a half cake. It was pretty good, I impressed myself. It was like normal cake, but it was vegan and gluten free. Quite an accomplishment.

When one is Penelope's age that 1/2 thing really makes a difference. I can never tell anyone she is five ever again. I will have to remember the and 1/2 part or she will be greatly offended. I remember this from last year when she turned 4 1/2. The cake was chocolate with peanut butter frosting and sprinkles on top. The cake itself was sugar free, but the frosting was not. And the video of Violet eating dinner with chopsticks is too darling. "You won't get away from me little chestnut".

No comments:

Post a Comment