new sisters

new sisters
Penelope holding 10 day old Violet

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Our Gingerbread House





































It's been a while since we made this, but I had to post it. I searched long and hard and there were failed attempts before I found a recipe that was both vegan and gluten free, and which would also be sturdy enough to use for a house. The frosting was tricky, but we ended up with a good one that held together well and looked pretty. Penelope wanted to make one last year, but we never got around to it, and it was my guilt over never doing it last year that drove me to figure a way to do it this year. Both girls were thrilled by the whole thing. I had so much fun making it with my girls. It served as a beautiful decoration for a few days, and then I let them eat a bit of it each day for a couple days. Their uncle helped them finish it off on Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment