new sisters

new sisters
Penelope holding 10 day old Violet

Friday, November 26, 2010

A Grateful Heart


Table is Set

Excited for her uncles to arrive

Our Thankful Tree

Close up of Thankful Tree


Charles and Pen getting pumpkins ready for dinner

My Cuties

The Girls

The Gerber Baby?

Happy

Pecan Pie - it was SOOO yummy!

Charles at the computer

Charles at the computer
Tom hanging with the girls on the couch

The guys with the girls

Dinner


Pie Time!
We celebrated Thanksgiving a little quieter this year than in years past. And it was a good thing. My brothers came over and we had a really nice day. We listened to music and danced, we laughed, ate a ton of food, watched movies and had pie.

We have much to be thankful for this year, despite the fact that in so many ways it has been a hard year. At the top of the list this year our new and beautiful baby daughter joined our family, slipping safely and peacefully into the world and into our hearts and lives. I wanted to help Penelope understand what "thankful" is, so we made a thankful tree and hung it on the wall in the dining room. We wrote things we are thankful for on the paper leaves. I think maybe we will do one every year. It is a nice thing to see what everyone added. Big things, like a safe home birth, and smaller but also important things like warm tea and nap time, mixed in with the names of family and friends we love, and also the regular things we do every week together. And yesterday I was thankful for a happy day with my family. I was thankful for good food, for our cozy home that will keep us safe and warm all winter, for my sweet brothers who kept me smiling all day, for my beautiful babies that are my joy, and for their daddy, my mate, who I love so much. All day long I was very aware of how truly blessed I am, and so thankful for it.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful post, Jessica. Some adorable little girlies in them, and all the goofy guys - but none of you, I think. Our T'giving was simple and quiet, but delicious - thanks to La Montanita Co-Op. We got some mushroom-walnut loaf from them, which was out of this world. Truly delicious. I'd love to get the recipe for it, but the ones I've found online sound nothing like it. We also had some Southwest cornbread dressing from them, creamed spinach and mushroom gravy from Whole Foods. All the food we had was delicious - oh, I forgot Berry Blast pie, also from Whole Foods. Gail ate the innards out of the pie, but I ate all of mine. Your pie looks divine - how about sending a recipe for it? Or did it have oil in it?

    ReplyDelete