new sisters

new sisters
Penelope holding 10 day old Violet

Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Week of Playgrounds

















































The weather has changed again, and with all of this cold and rain I am so very glad that I took Penelope's idea (I wish we could go to the playground every day!) and declared last week to be playground week. We went to a different playground every day and it felt so good to soak up the sun while my girls played and played. Penelope has become a pretty good climber, giving me mild heart attacks with her daring tricks. I smile through the heart attacks, telling her what a great job she is doing, how I can't believe what great a climber she is. After she is safely back on the ground and beaming with pride I begin to breathe again, and she runs off to the next terrifying feat.

Violet is no better, she is an even more amazing climber than Pen was at her age and she firmly believes I am ruining all her fun every time I remove her from somewhere too high or dangerous. I very much enjoyed it when at one playground Penelope played Mike Mulligan and the Steam Shovel for about an hour in the sandbox. Violet sat close to her and filled her bucket over and over again and I had the rare experience of nearly an hour of complete peace sitting in the sun on a beautiful day.

We spent a couple hours at a playground every morning, and brought our lunch with us most days. It's such a simple, easy way to make a day, or a week special. I think we will do another playground week when the weather is fine again, but I'm pretty sure we won't see that for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment