new sisters

new sisters
Penelope holding 10 day old Violet

Monday, November 12, 2012

Fall is Really Here












Fall is really here. Leaf jumping time, thankful tree making time, soup in the crock-pot time. We are finding ourselves inside more than outside these days, but still outside a lot. We are spending more time working on crafty things, decorations being made, that sort of thing. I am feeling that almost time to hole up for the winter feeling creeping up on me. It usually fills me with dread, but the dread has not hit me thus far. I think the reason I am not experiencing the panic of being inside constantly may have a lot to do with the fact that Penelope is suddenly a much quieter child, calm and thoughtful. Violet, on the other hand is rather like a pack of golden retriever pups all by herself. She tears through the house, loud and wild. She rips the paper off all the crayons, dumps all the toys out of their bins, scatters blocks everywhere and pulls all the clothes out of the drawers. She can do it all in the 10 minutes it takes me to take a shower and get dressed. But it is only one child doing this, not two, and somehow that makes a big difference. I'm thinking that maybe this winter we will enjoy our time inside, not just survive it. Although, you may very well find me singing a different tune come February. Right now I'm looking forward to lots of games, art projects, books, and coziness as the weather turns colder and our days shorter. A winter of sweetness to come with my two favorite girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment