new sisters

new sisters
Penelope holding 10 day old Violet

Sunday, May 26, 2013

March Against Monsanto

One side of Penelope's sign.


The other side of Penelope's sign in progress.

Violet coloring the word NO on her sign. The other side of her sign had a picture she drew of a "puppy dog of love".

Having a snack while we wait for people to arrive.


She came up with these words herself.

Marching. I made the kids ride in the B.O.B. because we were marching on busy city streets with multiple traffic lanes.

After the march, meeting a furry protester.


LOVE


It was raining pretty hard by the end, but I had an umbrella and the girls were dry under the B.O.B. rain cover.

It was also freezing, but we brought blankets.

Huge joy was experienced by all three of us when we happened upon this truck as we walked back to the car. We have waited a long time to try their vegan ice cream. It was pretty good, and they have gluten free cones too!
I took the girls to our local March Against Monsanto yesterday. Penelope was totally into it. We made our signs the day before. Penelope knew what she wanted on her sign, a gmo with a red circle and line through it on one side and the other side said "not in my body, not in my garden, not in my earth". All her. I drew an outline for her and she colored it in. She held her sign high and shouted along with everyone else. Violet was really just along for the ride. She mostly watched with big eyes, but she was really excited that she was in a parade. I personally had more fun than I've had in a long time, it was a great crowd, nice turnout, and my girls were wonderful. The vegan ice cream truck at the end was just the perfect ending to our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment