new sisters

new sisters
Penelope holding 10 day old Violet

Saturday, August 14, 2010

This is what's horrifying about babies!

This was taken 2 weeks ago today. Violet is a scrawny, pink, blotchy newborn.
Here she is today, looking like not 2 weeks, but 2 months have gone by! I ask you, is this not horrifying?
Look at the cheeks!
O.K., so she wears her pants like an old man. Her shirt is a size 0-3 months. Her pants are 3-6 months. It's the cloth diaper bum, it makes buying outfits difficults sometimes, but damn it's cute!
I didn't buy them matching sister hats, I just happen to like red sunhats on my babies. Pen is wearing her new hat, and Violet is wearing Penelope's first red hat.
Penelope is watching a movie, while holding her sister and stroking her foot like it is a silky blankie or something. She can't get over how soft Violet's feet are and is constantly feeling them. It's a little wierd, but cute.
I realize it is probably mainly due to post partum hormones, but honestly I could just burst into tears about 20 times a day. I feel like I want to slam on the brakes of life and stop everything right where it is so I can be with it just a little longer. I find myself painfully aware of how fleeting all of this is, and I am so loving right now with my babies. I still can't believe my little Violet, that she is even here, that she is growing so fast, that she is so precious and perfect. I am just absolutely in love with her. And Pen is definately sporting the baby angel look lately with her huge blue eyes and the 'fro she has going on currently. She is just too much fun right now, she sings constantly, she is always staring in her own musical. There are so many things that she does that make me laugh or break my heart with their cuteness. I want to catch them with the camera but she stops it all when she sees me filming her so I don't even try. Instead I am attempting to burn these moments into my brain as they happen so I'll always have them. I have a strong suspicion that years down the road right now will be the time I look back on the fondest. That this, right now, is the sweetest time, the most precious.

1 comment:

  1. Babies, on the whole, often most resemble little old men. IMHO. Frequently little old men who've had too much to drink.

    In a very cute way, of course.

    It is quite astonishing how much Vi has changed in a short time. It's all that nursing and loving, y'know. We can never know what will be the best of our times. So, just go ahead and burst into tears of joy and wonder, and enjoy every second. I love you all.

    ReplyDelete