new sisters

new sisters
Penelope holding 10 day old Violet

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

From Old to New

Pretty Ugly


Painting the inside of the door.





Finished and in her room.

 A few weeks ago we picked up this piece of furniture from a consignment shop. It was on it's final mark down, so it was pretty cheap, but really ugly.

The girls share a tiny closet and there isn't enough room for all their stuff in there. Plus, Penelope was frustrated with not being able to reach her dresses up high in the closet, and we needed a way to keep some of Pen's things out of Vi's reach, but within Pen's. This was just right for all of that, but too ugly to put in Pen's room. So Steve sanded it down and I painted it up, just the way Penelope wanted it. I replaced the pulls with super cheap wooden pulls, and I painted them to look like mushrooms. You can't tell from the picture, but I think they are the cutest part.

I didn't take pictures of the inside of the door, but it has her name painted inside a big heart and then I put a bunch of quotes that I love, from Emily Dickinson to Bob Marley. My favorite one right now is "Why fit in when you were born to stand out?" by Dr. Seuss.

Penelope is so excited to be able to open the door and pick out the dress she wants all by herself. I'm so excited that we solved several issues with one piece of furniture, and that I had an excuse to paint something. I love being able to take something old and make it new again.

No comments:

Post a Comment