new sisters

new sisters
Penelope holding 10 day old Violet

Friday, January 20, 2012

New Hats!
















I am slowly moving out of my comfort zone of knitting socks and scarfs. I knit Steve a hat for the Solstice, and that went well. I have had some hats for little people that I've been wanting to try for quite a while now, and I finally knit one for each girl. They are the loopy pixie hat from the book Baby Beanies by Amanda Keeys. I knit all of Penelope's hat during the drive to and from the Eric Carle museum while Steve drove. And today, while we were driving around doing errands and grocery shopping I knit Violet's hat. I was amazed at how quickly they knit up. I learned a few new techniques in this project, but they were pleasingly simple anyhow. And they are SO CUTE! Both girls love them. It is the only hat Pen is wearing right now, and Violet is really delighted with hers, probably because she has been seeing her sister wearing her hat for a couple days and now has her own. I am wanting to make another hat immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment