new sisters

new sisters
Penelope holding 10 day old Violet

Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer Solstice 2013

















For the summer solstice this year the girls and I went strawberry picking. Last year Violet rode in the backpack and didn't do much picking. This year she participated, but ate way more than she picked. Penelope did a great job filling her basket.

When we got home we made strawberry shortcake and ate it in the backyard along with tea in fairy cups. Penelope made a shortcake and cup of tea for the fairies too. It was lovely. It was also what I considered my birthday cake, even though my birthday was a few days away. We always went strawberry picking on or just before my birthday when I was a kid, and then my mother always made me a strawberry shortcake for my birthday cake. I considered this strawberry picking and backyard tea party my birthday present to myself. It was sooo good, and the company was delightful. A perfect way to welcome the summer, and to celebrate another spin around the sun for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment